Exercise: Reverse Crunch Kick Downs | Core & Abdominal Workout
The reverse crunch kick down exercises works out your core and abdominal regions of the body. This is one of my favorite ab workouts for it works the entire abdominal region from the upper to lower abs.
How To Do The Reverse Crunch Kick Downs
- Lay on your back on a mat with your hands on your side. (Alternate version: You can do this on the bench holding the top of the bench with your hands)
- Lift legs 90 degrees from your body while keeping your legs straight
- Then using your core lift your hips off the ground, rolling your spine up
- Hold this position briefly
- Lower hips back to the ground
- Lower your legs back to the starting position
Tips to Doing the Reverse Crunch Kick Downs
- Try to move slowly through the exercise for you will being using your muscles more than your momentum
- Keep your core/abdominals engaged to support the spine
- Keep legs together at all times
- Use arms to keep in control but don’t put too much weight on it
Disclaimer: Always consult a doctor before starting any new diet or exercise program.